This Week's Prompt: Ten Reasons Why You Read Your Favourite Genre
With YA being my favourite genre, here are the 10 reasons in no particular order:
1) It's enjoyable, simple as that (well maybe not quite, since the following explains further!)
2) There is so much choice depending on your preferences with a range of sub-genres including fantasy and contemporary etc.
3) It means that there is something for everyone in every mood, be it romance, action, comedy or something to cry over etc.
4) Diversity is becoming more common.
5) The books have different themes and deal with many different issues including sexuality, identity, how to defeat corrupt governments and relationships of all kinds.
6) Characters are relatable in their way of thinking (some of the time at least!)
7) With YA becoming more renowned, books are being published left right and centre. And isn't it wonderful?!
8) My online friends read YA and so we can discuss the books/read them together.
9) It has an amazingly supportive online community I love being a part of.
10) I imagine that much like in other genres, the authors are talented and lovely people. Meeting favourites in person/talking with them online have been highlights for me.
The following part
What's your favourite genre and why do you love it?